Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Keeping my feet up

As you all know I'm currently an invalid.  For the past few days I've been stuck on the couch... all day... with my foot up, trying my best to not do anything.  Some people would call it a vacation (if you could lose the painful swollen knee and crutches maybe) but I call it torture.  I'm not known for my ability to sit still.  But I'm trying my best to make the most of it!  And since I have so much free time on my hands I decided to put together a collection of the prettiest places to put my feet up.  Really, what else am I going to do?  So without further ado...

Um yeah.  No words needed... really.  Does it get any prettier than this?  Honestly, I could relax here for weeks...

Perfection.


This spot has all the essential elements-- a spot to put up my feet, a little side table and shelves to keep all my stuff on, a lamp to turn on when it gets dark (because I really am stuck in one place for the long) and a chair for a visitor-- a visitor who brought me Starbucks :)


That wall sconce is one of my favorites.  And I LOVE the painted panelling!!


Now, it would also be great to have a spot to put my feet up in the kitchen.  I'm not doing any cooking nowadays.  And I really haven't been eating in the dining room all that often since I haven't found a way to comfortably sit at the table for long  But maybe if I had a little breakfast nook like this...

What a fabulous pillow.  What fabulous windows...


If I could somehow maneuver myself to the window side of the table this spot would be perfect.  I could put my leg up and have some measure of protection from kids who want to jump on me...


The colors in here are absolutely beautiful.  I love love that rug-- although I sure wouldn't put it anywhere near a spot where food is consumed in my house!  But, I could definitely relax here-- there's even a couple of throw pillows to prop my knee up!


This room is a bit moodier than I usually go for with the black trim and bench-- but I love it.  I especially love those pendant lights!  Drama drama.  And that little TV... perfect for an invalid like me!


So as you may have guessed, I'm a wee bit bored these days!  But I figure I can use the time to do some online research and scheme up my next projects.  I have a feeling that the fall could be a great time to start a few new ones...

all images via Pinterest

1 comment:

Erica said...

I'd sit in that visitor chair. I'd sit in it so good.