Friday, May 13, 2011

Feeling Thrifty

My sister and brother in law came out from the prairies for a visit!  Today my sister and I decided to do a bit of thrift store shopping.  We found some good deals!  Let me show you what I found for Caleb's room today...

First up, this old wooden racquet!  I saw it at Value Village for $6.00 and knew it would be a fun addition to Caleb's room.  He likes anything sporty (especially things that are used for swinging and hitting :) and the racquet fits with the cool Canadian hunting lodge feel inspired by the HBC lookalike blanket I found for him a while back.  It's got this awesome old school Canadian flag on it... I decided to hang it on the wall as a unique kind of artwork.  I'm also hoping to keep it out of reach-- until he pulls out the step-like shelving unit in his closet and pulls it off the wall :)



And the next deal of the day... this old school globe from MCC for $2.50.  It's definitely not geographically accurate anymore, but Caleb loves it!  I also think it looks pretty amazing... and for $2.50... it's a steal!



And last but not least... I found this light fixture at MCC for $2.50!  If you've read my post on light fixtures you would understand why I'd be excited about this one.  It's not big enough or bright enough for the dining room... but I think it could work in another room in the house.  Maybe I'll try to put it in Caleb's room... or maybe I'll use it to replace one of the many boob lights in my house-- I already showed you the ones in the hallway, but there are unfortunately more in the basement!


If anyone could use a few new things for their room... it's Caleb.  He's had a pretty rough day today.


Don't you just hate it when you scrape your face on the driveway?

6 comments:

KDees said...

It totally sucks to scrape your face on the driveway! Your last sentence made me laugh out loud!! And, I too LOVE a good deal from the thrift store. Another reason why I think we'd make great friends! :)

Jamie said...

Oh, poor Caleb! I can imagine the tears that must've accompanied the face-scraping...

Dan and Lynn said...

Great finds! Hope you enjoy your visit with your sister and brother in-law! And poor Caleb...that must have hurt a lot.

carleigh davey said...

i know! what is with the boob lights! i have em too.

Bonnie said...

Lovin' these finds. Especially that light fixture. Seriously... MCC for $2.50!?! You're the queen of bargains. Nice work!

Melissa said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze! Looking forward to hearing where you decide to hang that new light!